This time of year is always busy, and there is usually so much going on that our usual routines go out of the window – which isn’t a bad thing!
However, it can sometimes make us feel like we have no time for ourselves – so here are some things you can do that are pretty low-effort or things you might be doing anyway, that when we get more mindful about them can feel like an act of self love.
- Moisturise your hands
- Moisturise your feet
- Go to bed 5 minutes earlier
- Ask yourself what you need right now – and give yourself that thing
- Paint your nails
- Take your old nail varnish off (I am so bad at this)
- Have a bath in the middle of the day (if someone is around to watch the kids!)
- Make a list of things you would LIKE to do
- Make a list of things that make you feel GOOD – try and tick some of those things off that list!
- Visualise what you would like your life to look like a year from now – having a future vision can be such a positive boost
- Have a really long shower
- Shave your legs and spend some time moisturising them afterwards – it can feel like such a luxury
- Read a chapter of your book
- Sign up to doing something new
- Drink your cup of tea or coffee slowly and mindfully
- Wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug
- Find someone else to give you a hug (preferably someone you know – but you do you!)
- Start a gratitude journal
- Eat a piece of fruit
- Chop up some veggies and eat them with some dip
- Do a face mask
- Take a little bit longer removing your makeup properly
- Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise your face
- Use the fancy glass/plate/cup for the day – not just for special occassions
- Watch an episode of your favourite show
- Treat yourself to some nice smelling bubble bath or shower gel and have a long bath/shower
- Do the thing that you have been putting off
- Drink a big glass of water
- Wake up early to get a bit of time for yourself
So while some of these things are seen as typical self-care which is seen in a more negative light because they are surface things – they are still important in making us feel good and giving us a bit of a boost.
Even though moisturising my hands and feet is a tiny thing, it’s something that I know I should be doing because I have the driest hands and feet but it’s something that I somehow never manage to prioritise – so when I do make a little bit of extra effort for something that honestly takes about 30 seconds – it feels like such a feel good boost for me.
What is your tiny feel-good go-to? Or What would you choose from the list?
Let me know in the comments!